KMSCHOOL TODDLER PROGRAM FOR 18 MONTHS – 3 YEARS
“Help me to do it by myself!” Dr. Maria Montessori’s research discovered this yearning of the child to become independent. The child needs help but just the right amount and the right type. Getting it right is what Montessori teachers are trained for.
Our environment is designed to assist the learning spirit of the toddler by providing a wide variety of stimulation to engage the child in the work of self-independence. The young minds observe, explore, try new things, and master new skills.
- Dressing and handling personal hygiene
- Preparing some simple snacks
- Pouring, spooning, and washing
- Sweeping, mopping, dusting
- Cutting, sowing, polishing
- Building vocabulary, reading
- Developing the senses: shapes, sizes, smell, touch, singing
- Painting, brushing, making flower arrangements
Partnering with Parents
For removing all barriers in the child’s pursuit of learning, we work closely with parents in bringing the home environment in sync with the school environment. Besides periodic seminars for parents, our Toddler Directress visits the child’s home to advise on home setup.
The ultimate measure of success that only comes with harmony between the home and school environments is a normalized child. See the “Montessori FAQ” for a detailed discussion on normalization.